Metta translates to loving kindness and is the ongoing practice of compassion. It is our vision to instil this practice, even just a little, in everyday life. Not only for ourselves, but for each other, for the Earth, and for the generations to come.
To do that, we make sure all our products are:
- Created in two languages, helping kids learn their mother tongue or a new language – promoting empathy, cultural awareness, and tolerance
- Accessible for every kid – from babies to teenagers, there’s something in it for everyone
- Designed, printed, and packed in Australia by conscious and mindful suppliers – supporting local businesses and reducing our carbon footprint
- Lovingly hand-illustrated to represent a diverse range of kids – fostering an inclusive mindset
- Giving back - donating 10% of profits to helping improve the education and future of children in need
May we be happy. May we be safe. May we be healthy. May we be compassionate — Metta Practice
Hey I’m Via, an Asian-American living in Australia. Like many, that means I am bilingual (probably quadrilingual if you count the dialects we speak at home!)
Growing up for me also meant mental health wasn't a priority—it's still not seen that way today. I think that's why my journey to yoga and self-love has been this wild and beautiful experience.
This is exactly why I’m so excited to share my journey, both the language and the yoga, with you. I’m a mother, a dedicated wife, loving daughter, big sister, and loyal friend.
Back then, I never saw anyone who looked like me in the things I watched or stuff I read. Now as a woman of colour working in the corporate world, I still often find myself in situations where I'm the token Asian, or the only woman in the room.
I want to change that for my kids, for your kids, and for everyone else’s. I will do my bit and I will make sure all the materials we create represent every kid, not just the majority.
We can only be what we see.
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200)
- Yoga facilitator and teacher serving underserved and at-risk communities, particularly newly arrived youth at Yogahood Australia
- Completed a Compassion Cultivation Training Program from the Compassionate Institute, developed by Thupten Jinpa at The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, Stanford
- Worked for a global advertising network, Dentsu Aegis Network, across clients like Disney, Mattel, ANZ
- National agency representative for Dentsu’s Innovation Council, creating initiatives to help foster an intrapreneurial culture
- Awarded a B&T 30 under 30